3.1.10

2010, the year of the statement brooch

I went to one of my favorite antique malls today with my mom. I scored a few things for my boyfriend's very belated christmas package and two pretty awesome broaches for myself. Can I just say again, I HEART the vintage and prices in Kansas City. These two totaled $7.50 together.

I've decided to bring brooches and pins back. 2010, the year of the big, crazy, statement brooch.
That flower pin is about 4 1/2 inches wide. It's huge and amazing. The chess piece has little rhine stones in it. Pretty snazzy if I do say so myself. These little gems are going on my sweater tomorrow.
Maybe I'll have more to show off tomorrow than a sweater full of snazz. My parents and I are heading out to my all time favorite antique mall after lunch. I know. I just said I went to one of my favorites today. But this one is like the treasure chest of sweet sweet vintage deals. More details tomorrow. I'll make sure to take my camera to document the adventure.

No comments: