22.2.10

test watercolors

I've been trying to get some watercolors to work all day!
These are sort of color test sketches for much larger screen prints I would like to make in the next few days. 
I've been working out the kinks in these little watercolor sketches, and I keep messing up!
This is one of the little sketches...
They're ending up way too muddy and confusing in this small scale (this image is about 4 inches square). I want the backs and fronts of the geodesic dome to be distinct and the layers to be very transparent... so there is an optical illusion of dimension, depth and layering.
I'm getting a little fed up with my paintings failing so hard! 
I'm going to go ahead with the prints towards the end of the week, despite my discouragement.

"You'll never do a whole lot unless you're brave enough to try." - Dolly Parton

No comments: